The Purpose behind Online Marketing
Online marketing or sometimes called Internet marketing is a wide-ranging term for advertising, promoting and selling products or services through the World Wide Web. Because it is all-encompassing, it could mean many different things to a lot of people depending on how they apply and use it on their business and how online marketing works for them.
For all its intents and purposes to different users, online marketing is basically the strategies that are used in product or service marketing – the ways and means they are promoted, sold online or lead generation. These strategies should include search engine optimisation, better known as SEO and search engine marketing often call PPC (Pay per Click). Other ways are Social Media marketing and engagement, effective website designing and copywriting that promotes action to users or site visitors. There is also online promotions (coupons, rewards) and email marketing solutions. These are the basis attention-drawer to online marketing.
The purpose behind online marketing is to increase website traffic. Online marketers are all the time finding new and innovative ways to come up with strategies to promote their individual sites. One very popular tool today is blogging and blogs continue to increase in popularity as an online marketing tool. For those who are new in the business, you might want to focus on web design and SEO for the moment. A well-crafted web site design that is uncluttered & easy to navigate is a must, plus the use of SEO because most traffic is generated by search engines and directories. Make sure to study how to maximise SEO and the use of keywords or keyword phrases in search engines and how they can be seeded in a web page, your online marketing efforts are likely to succeed.
Being new to the business should not stop you from enjoying the benefits of online marketing. Just make sure you go through the list below. Once you have mastered the art, you can create your own ways and means of promoting your business.
1. Begin with an effective web design (you may search for reputable web designers to help you out) and sound web promotional plan that includes a development strategy.
2. Learn and become an expert in SEOs and how to be ranked number one in the most popular search engines.
3. Take the lead in your marketing position with associate programs.
4. Work with an Internet marketing consultant and ask for an analysis.
5. Make sure you have an opt-in email marketing list that is receptive, open and reactive.
6. Make use of well-written articles that include the right use of keywords and learn to use press releases.
7. Use your website as a contest facilitator where prizes are given away.
8. Make sure you establish interaction with your website visitors through blogging and social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google + etc.).
Source: Visual Marketing
With over 39 years’ experience in Print Media, Sales and Marketing, Online Services & Marketing plus Financial Service industries. John brings a wealth of knowledge to Visual Marketing Australia. As a Certified Google Partner, his Digital Marketing knowledge includes: Web Design & Development, SEO, Mobile App. Development, Online Marketing, Online Video Marketing and Email Marketing Solutions. With 10 years experience in using Zoho CRM it is a natural progression to become and Authorised Consulting Partner so we can now add Sales and Marketing Automation to the list.