Progressive Web Apps – New Type of Web User Experience
2018 has a lot of new things to bring to Australian businesses in terms of online marketing and website capabilities. One of the phrases you have probably heard recently is “Progressive Web Apps”, and you may be wondering what they are, how they can benefit your business, and how you could implement them in case they seem like a good idea for your website. We have all the answers, just keep on reading to find out:
What are Progressive Web Apps (PWAs)?
The simplest definition can be found on Wikipedia: “Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are web applications that are regular web pages or websites, but can appear to the user like traditional applications or native mobile applications. The application type attempts to combine features offered by most modern browsers with the benefits of mobile experience.”
In other words, web capabilities are used to deliver an app-like experience to users, with the following advantages:
- Increased reliability – PWAs load instantly and work perfectly even in uncertain network conditions
- Fast speed – these web pages respond quickly to user interactions, even when animations are included
- Engagement – PWAs feel like natural apps on user devices, providing an immersive experience
So, the main attributes of a PWA are: progressive, responsive, app-like, safe, and re-engageable.
Why have Progressive Web Apps for your business?
PWAs have been announced since 2015, but only this year are they expected to become mainstream. So now it’s the time to adopt this innovation and allow it to advance your business. Think of this new technology as a competitive advantage rather than one more difficult thing to do in 2018. The benefits of implementing PWAs are significant:
- The work reliably – PWAs ensure workability with every phone, browser, and user. Device constraints from your readership are no longer a problem.
- Responsiveness – PWAs fit to every screen size. Your only concern will be writing high-quality code to improve the performance of the application.
- Increased engagement – a better user experience encourages the type of user interaction that can bring you repeat business and more profit.
- Improved conversions – Conversion is the point when the recipient of a marketing message completes a desired action – and better user experience provided by PWAs can be very helpful in this direction.
- Users add them to their home screen – which means they will be more likely to access them often, thus explaining the increased degree of engagement.
- Works online or offline – Slow Internet connection or no connection at all – no longer a problem when your business is delivering PWAs to its audience.
- Notifications on the go – just like typical apps, PWAs can deliver notifications to users and keep them informed and engaged at any time
How we can help
Sounds like Progressive Web APPS can bring considerable advantages to your business, all eventually contributing to higher profits, what business owner wouldn’t want that? On the other hand, one thing that business owners don’t want is having more work to do, especially when they are already completing multiple functions in their company. Time is limited, and life is not just about work.
This is why Visual Marketing Australia is here, to bring to you any innovation in marketing or web design. Call to our services so you don’t have to beat your brains with the online promotion part of your business! We can create and develop these PWAs for your business, so you don’t have to.
Give us a call today and tell us how we can help. Meanwhile, you can relax or handle other important aspects of your business!