Online Video has been around for some time yet very few small to medium-sized businesses are taking advantage of this technology. Video marketing is more than doing a home-made video and uploading it to YouTube; what you need is a professionally produced video that is well scripted and edited, with your key words displayed in bullet point form, which will portray your business’s professionalism to your existing and prospective clients.
Good video is like personally inviting a prospective client into your business to meet your staff, look at what you do and the products/services you provide and how you do it better than your competitors! You’re getting up front and personal with your customers. It shows the professionalism of you and your team.
You only have a short few seconds to grab their attention and a video will do just that; moreover, it will provide other relevant information such as details about your products and services and how to get in touch with your company.
It looks pretty logic that video marketing can represent a great asset for your small business. The old saying of ‘A picture’s worth 1,000 words’ can now be updated to: “Video is worth a million words!” Let’s look at some statistics that confirm what we already know:
- People take action after seeing online video content, especially those in the upper income brackets
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rate
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound
- Facebook is rated as the most impactful social channel for video — 8.4X higher than any other social channel
- People spend, on average, more than 3x more watching a Facebook Live video than a video that’s no longer live
- 4 in 5 millennials consider video content when researching a purchase decision
- Companies which use videos in their marketing grow revenue 49% faster year-on-year than those which don’t