Online Video has been around for some time yet very few small to medium-sized businesses are taking advantage of this technology. Video marketing is more than doing a home-made video and uploading it to YouTube; what you need is a professionally produced video that is well scripted and edited, with your key words displayed in bullet point form, which will portray your business’s professionalism to your existing and prospective clients.
Good video is like personally inviting a prospective client into your business to meet your staff, look at what you do and the products/services you provide and how you do it better than your competitors! You’re getting up front and personal with your customers. It shows the professionalism of you and your team.
You only have a short few seconds to grab their attention and a video will do just that; moreover, it will provide other relevant information such as details about your products and services and how to get in touch with your company.
It looks pretty logic that video marketing can represent a great asset for your small business. The old saying of ‘A picture’s worth 1,000 words’ can now be updated to: “Video is worth a million words!” Let’s look at some statistics that confirm what we already know:
- People take action after seeing online video content, especially those in the upper income brackets
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rate
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound
- Facebook is rated as the most impactful social channel for video — 8.4X higher than any other social channel
- People spend, on average, more than 3x more watching a Facebook Live video than a video that’s no longer live
- 4 in 5 millennials consider video content when researching a purchase decision
- Companies which use videos in their marketing grow revenue 49% faster year-on-year than those which don’t
80% of people included in a study claim they have seen online video ads. The effect of ad exposure on these people was as follows:
- 52% took action after seeing a video ad
- 45% elicited a response
- 28% looked for more information
- 16% bought something
Here are the actions taken after viewing online video ads:
- 31% checked out the company website
- 22% searched for information about the product
- 19% clicked on the banner ad that accompanied the video
- 16% talked to friends and family about the product
- 16% went to store to check out the product
- 13% requested information about the product
- 16% bought something
When it comes to purchase decisions, 56% are triggered by messages received over the Internet. Online messages also scored the highest for other stages of the purchase process, such as initial awareness, looking for further information, and deciding where to buy.
A common issue among small business owners is deciding to go for a certain marketing technique. When asked what kind of content they would create if there were no obstacles to overcome, business owners included in a study referred to video, followed by blog posts and live video.
Statistics show us that video is here to stay and that online marketing nowadays is almost unimaginable without this technique. It’s high time you invested time and financial resources in this great tool that can put your business at the forefront of your competition.