James Topalov - Marketing Coordinator
James is the Marketing Coordinator at VMA and offers support to the Marketing Manager with the development of marketing campaigns and strategies for our clients.
- Bachelor of Business & International Business and Double Majors in Marketing & Management
- Certified Social Media Professional
- Certified Google Ads Professional
- Market Research and Analysing
What's your title?
I am a marketing coordinator here at VMA.
How long have you worked at VMA?
I have been with VMA since June 2021.
What does your job entail?
My job entails the following:
- Assisting with the development of marketing campaigns
- Implementing strategic direction for Facebook Ads and Google Ads respectively
- Both managing and creating content for multiple social media accounts.
- Coordinate website updates including publishing articles and blogs, reporting on performance and contributing ideas for ongoing development and improvement
- Generally providing support for staff and our clients as needed
What is a typical day like?
A typical day at VMA starts off by checking emails to make sure I am up to date with our client’s needs. From there, I work on tasks for the business that include:
- Strategic targeting and implementation of Facebook Ads
- Article briefing and proofreading
- Content Creation for Social Media
- PPC – Google Search and Display Ads
- SEO – Briefing and Implementing
- CRM – Keeping up to date
- Newsletter creation and distribution
Favourite memory from work?
My favourite memory from work so far would have to be being welcomed by John and the team when we gathered for a team-lunch outside of the office.
What do you like most about your job?
My favourite thing about working at VMA is that every day is different, and I get to use my skills I have acquired over years of studying.
Where are you from?
I am a proud Gold Coast native! However I have a mixed heritage originating from Bulgaria and England.
Where did you go to school?
I successfully completed a Double Bachelor’s Degree of Business and International Business at Griffith University on the Gold Coast.
What do you like to do when you are not working?
When I’m not working, I like to spend time with my partner and friends. I love to keep fit and I enjoy running and going to the gym!
Who are your favourite sports teams?
Liverpool FC! I am a huge football fan.
What is your favourite book or movie?
Anything by Christopher Nolan.
What's a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I can watch / listen to Joe Rogan podcasts for hours on end – literally.